Tuesday, January 17, 2012

a little bit about esthermelindaphotography....


Hey there,

My name is Esther Melinda Martin, or for some, just, Es. By some, I should say most...I hardly hear my full name anymore! But I love it. I was born and raised in the beautiful Pacific Northwest-in case the glowing white skin didn't make that clear. After high school I ventured off for college spending 3 years in  Southern California enjoying glorious sunshine and beaches, but I will be forever and always a Washington girl through and through. Plaid will always belong in my wardrobe, coffee within arms reach and rain is one of the most soothing sounds I know. It's home. Oh and I LOVE SNOW!!




On a more serious note, I praise God for His saving work through His Son. I am blessed to be called His own. I have a passion for ministries that seek to reach out to serve and minister to orphans and widows ( a post to come in the near future). And last, but not least, I love my family. An often under cherished gift. I have three older brothers. They are truly some of the most incredible men I know. I could not be more blessed by them or by my parents. 


Stepping back a couple years, I was in college when the Lord quite literally dropped a camera in my lap. (another sweet post to come in the future) He then proceeded to bring people into my life who generously shared their time and advice with me. Most of whom I now call dear friends and for which, I am very grateful. I suppose in some ways this story is the summary of how I desire to use my photography. It began as a gift and now, by God's grace, I would like to use this gift to bless others through this business.

I get excited at the idea of telling a story with my photography keeping people and details as original and unique as they are. The beauty of capturing God's goodness in our lives; being able to preserve that history for generations to come. Every story is different, some with varied twists and turns, but all those are what make each story set apart from one another, right? ...And all the more an incredible platform for displaying God's grace. 


I enjoy using the artistic elements such as natural lighting, the outdoors for a backdrop and rustic charm from buildings or barns for kicks character-just to name a few... trust me, I could go on! 

I primarily provide the following areas of photography within Snohomish County

{Engagement Sessions} {Weddings} {Day after} {Portraits} {Maternity} & {Family}

I count it a joy to get to know my clients, most of which have become sweet friends through photographing their weddings, family shoots and various other occasions! 


So, all that being said, I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about me and my adventure into photography! Now I look forward to getting to know you! 

To God be the glory,

Es

No comments:

Post a Comment